Monday, March 12, 2007

Save Highland Perk Coffeehouse

Just yesterday I saw a (now deleted!) post on la.foodblogging about the new Highland Perk coffee shop. So, today I went over to check it out for the first time. This space is fabulous. I would say it has "lots of potential," except that I think it's realizing its potential. Fresh air, high ceilings, big windows, colorful artwork, good coffee, free internet. I'm posting from there right now, in fact.

Anyway, what would make this space perfect would be a beer/wine license. In fact, I believe the owner's claim that this would be necessary for its survival. If you (or anyone you know) can make it to the community meeting this Wednesday 3/14/07, please go! I will be there. [More information on the web site, linked above.] If not for yourself, do it for me and my desire to get a Corona while I update my blog. What this city really needs (I believe) is coffeehouses with beer/wine licenses. A coffeehouse, the web site claims, is "more than a coffee shop..." If that "more" means cold beer, I totally agree.

Update: The wine and beer license was approved!

powered by performancing firefox

No comments: